This was the day 'd been planning for months. On the back of the last meet in Birmingham, This was Mission Impossible to try and clear all the remaining 150s I needed on the Snow Hill Lines.First of all however I needed to get to International for 90044. After A quick dash off my Voyager at New Street, I found a late running Class 350 to Northampton on Platform 4 which was delayed due to a late running ATW service. I arrived into International in plenty of time for the Pretendolino which should arrive into Coventry at 1153 however because it can only go at 110mph and the service is timed for a 125mph Pendolino, It always loses time as far as International but since the use of Freightliner Class 90s has been arriving into New Street ontime, proof DB Schenkers 90s weren't upto the job. I had a chat with a fellow Rail Enthusiast whilst waiting for the 90. He was on a London Midland Great Escape and had bought an additional ticket for the 90 whilst also having his kid in toe (trying to get him interested in trains at an early age). 90044 arrived approximately 3 minutes late and departed at 1159. It made a spirited run to New Street arriving in at the booked time at 1208, which whilst including 5 minutes baggage time was quite impressive.We then had a 20 minute wait before returning to Coventry on the set where incredibly it departed ontime, something a DBS 90 never did. I then hopped onto a 350 for the run back to New Street. I then walked across to Moor Street where the unit bashing commenced.
First train was 150016 on a late running service to Whitlocks End (A brand new destination one stop beyond Shirley where the service previously terminated). I alighted at Hall Green, filmed the train leaving then bought a Permit to Travel for 5p to add to my collection, as it hadn't been deactivated as you would expect when the ticket office is open. Like the one I bought at Cosford it was printed upside down. Next was 150011 back to Snow Hill. I then walked across the bridge and caught 150019 back to Birmingham Moor Street. I then continued these hops catching 003 and 014 before heading back to Coventry for the 90 which I did to Birmingham New Street and back to Coventry. It was heavily delayed but only departed Birmingham New Street back South 2 Minutes late at a very quick turnaround. After alighting off the 90 at Coventry I then did a Pendo back to New Street and continued the hops on the Snow Hill Lines. I netted 150012 and two required Chiltern 168s before departing for home on a CrossCountry Voyager arriving home fairly early in the evening.
Only 3 x London Midland 150s are needed now, these are 104,124 and 126 two of which were on depot. The other I would assume was on Bedford-Bletchley.
Also seen on depot today was 172331 after being delivered to Tyseley a few days previous.
No comments:
Post a Comment